Tuesday, October 27, 2009

HARVEST IS ALMOST OVER

Say it isn’t so!!!! Believe it or not, we only have 40 more tons of grapes coming in. Sound like a lot? Well, we’ve had about 300 tons so far. Harvest, in terms of grape sorting will be over in a week – boo hoo.

After the final grapes arrive, everything will be in barrels 2, maybe 3 weeks later. Then harvest will definitely be over. No more 6am punchdowns, no more grape sorting, no more shaker tables for the darn cab sauv grapes, no more sniffing carbon dioxide, no more tasting wine at various stages of fermentation, no more rock hard arms!!!!!

Deep in the crevasses and calluses, my hands are stained purple. My teeth are purple too, but that goes away a lot faster!!! I’m sure I’ve touched many of the 750+ new barrels of wine we have aging.

My internship is half way over – time definitely flies when you’re having fun…and waking up at 5am and going to bed at 9pm.

I’m trying my hand at making Rose’ in the garage…actually 2 batches – one pinot noir and a syrah. Let’s see if I can keep them from turning into vinegar. I’m tempted to turn part of my garage in LA into a cold room….hmmmm, something to think about.

Not sure if I did the video thing correctly...oh well...

Cin cin,

Linda

1 comment:

  1. Lovin the blog, Linda! I can't imagine you without your trademark gorgeous manicured nails! But I do see the proof in the pics! Hoping you'll bring some good wines to sample for the holidays! Ciao. Rox

    ReplyDelete