Friday, February 3, 2012

Quads of Steel

Traveling solo isn't bad, but I really miss having a travel buddy when it comes to using a public restroom.

Maybe a little TMI for some of you, but oh well.... My buddy usually watches my daypack and vice versa.  When solo, I don't dare leave my bag at the table where I'm dining, so I schlep it to the bathroom.  There usually isn't a place to set my pack and I wouldn't think of putting it on the floor, so it stays on my back.

In situations like this, I often wonder...is it worth it to carry my big, heavy camera. 

Next time, instead of hiking to prep for a trip, I'll practice squatting over a toilet with 10 pounds on my back.  Note to self - build the quads of steel before the trip!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah!!! I am sooooo glad to see that you made it!!! I know EXACTLY what you mean about having to squat with a backpack on your back---been there done that--oh man!!!!!! Looking forward to your updates. Stay safe!!!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete