Sunday, February 26, 2012

RAINY DAYS IN PUERTO VARAS, CHILE

OMG, time has flown by.  A week ago I was in Puerto Varas, the lake region of Chile.  Was there for 5 days and it poured rain the first 2 days - solid downpour...so much that I spent all day in a cafe, then ran next door to eat Cuban food for dinner.  Lotsa good microbrews here to help me pass the time.

The main attractions in Puerto Varas are Lago Llanquihue (2nd largest lake in Chile - 330 sq miles) and Volcan Osorno (over 8,700’).  Well, lots of rain and cloudy days make for no volcano sightings! 

My main entertainment was playing with and feeding the stray black puppy in the park near the waterfront, people watching and wedding crashing.  My Friday night was quite lively, as there was a free concert in the main square - have no clue what they were singing, but the crowd seemed to know all the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment