Tuesday, March 20, 2012

PLANES, TRAINS, AND AUTOMOBILES

Yes, they have them in Argentina.  Do they work....well, not always.  So far on this trip:

1.  A PLANE delay, but the good news is they gave me a free lunch and a credit to my credit card.  The lunch was a very dried out beef milenesa.  Even with a real metal fork & knife (in the airport), I couldn’t cut through the dried out meat without shaking the beer out of my glass.  And the credit...well, still waiting for it to appear on my credit card.

2.  A TRAIN that caught on fire.  On the way home from a day trip to Tigre’, 30km N of Buenos Aires, the train caught on fire.  I kept wondering what that burning rubber smell was.

3.  A BUS that never arrived.  No wonder some people are out so late in the evening...the bus never comes, at least not the one you want.  Ok, ok, so I didn’t leave the bar until 1:30 or 2am, which is really early for Buenos Aires, but after 30 minutes of waiting the bus never came...and the metro stopped at 10:30pm.  I think I finally got home around 3am....again, still early for here!

4.  A TAXI that ran out of gas.  Decided to catch a taxi after the bus never came, and half-way to my B&B the driver said “finito”.  I’m thinking, no, we’re not there yet.  He puts the car in neutral and coasts to the curb.  Oh, I get it...no mas petrol.  So, that night, in order to get home, I took a bus that never came and a taxi with no gas.  Better to rely on my feet than on their transport system. 

BTW, pics of Puerto Iguazu (waterfalls) have been added to my photo site.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment